Learning to SCUBA dive will open an wonderful new world for you. A new and amazing world that lets you feel weightless while experiencing exciting adventures and enjoying the company of family and friends, old and new.
You will start your Open Water Scuba Diver journey as so many have before you by first learning the important academic information online or with face to face classes at Orlando Scuba. Our E-Learning / On-line Self-study allows you to study at your own pace and in the convenience of your home or office. All eLearning courses can be done on your computer or mobile and tablet devices.
Once the academic portion is complete, the next step is to complete your in-water skill-development training. This takes place first in a swimming pool or similar body of confined water, under the supervision of our Instructors. Following this, each student will complete a series of required open-water training dives under the supervision of your Instructor. These open water dives will be at done at a variety of locations that may include the famous Blue Heron Bridge/Phil Foster Park, one of the phenomenal north Florida springs or Lake Denton in Avon Park. Whatever location your instructor chooses, you can be assured of the very best instruction possible.
An Open water class is your first step into the great exploration of our seas and lakes. This will be one of the most spectacular lifelong adventures one will have.
Have you already earned your Open Water SCUBA Certification? Then maybe it’s time to continue building and refining those skills. We offer a variety of advanced training all the way to becoming an instructor yourself.
That advanced training or Advanced Open Water course gives you the opportunity to continue perfecting your basic abilities and acquire some new ones, taking you to even greater depths. Rescue Diver lets you broaden your focus and build additional confidence while preparing you to assist others in emergency situations. Finally, consider going pro and sharing your knowledge with others. The Leadership Program starts with the Divemaster certification and can progress your qualifications all the way to the Open Water SCUBA Instructor level. Then the possibilities are as boundless as the ocean itself—there are so many new and intriguing places a SCUBA career can take you.
The Fine Print:
- All students are responsible for purchasing either printed course materials or an eLearning access code.
- Nearly all of Orlando Scuba Partners’ dive training courses include the gear you will need to complete the course, unless otherwise noted in the Course Outlines.
- Those that purchase traditional course materials will be required to attend a 4hr classroom review prior to pool instruction.
- Those that purchased eLearning course materials may be required to attend a 1.5 hr classroom review prior to pool instruction.
- Students will need to provide their own mask, fins, boots and snorkel.
- All divers must own their own mask, fins & boots & snorkel. Other equipment may be required depending upon the course taken. Basic Gear Packages that include these items can be found in our Gear Packages. Instructor or Orlando Scuba Partners’ staff can help you choose the right gear for the best comfort and fit.
- Orlando Scuba Partners and its Professional Scuba Instructors want your Scuba diving experience to be extraordinary. In an effort to be prepared, please review the Student Registration and Medical Statement relevant to your specific certifying agency (SDI, TDI or PADI).
- Answering YES to any question on the medical statement doesn’t automatically disqualify you from diving. It only means that you have a preexisting condition which your instructor needs to be aware of that could interfere with your safety while SCUBA diving. If thought necessary, your Physician may need to sign the Physicians release portion of the medical statement prior to any in water instruction.
- If you opt to do a course with PADI eLearning you will have to pay a fee to PADI directly for their eLearning materials.
- Basic Gear is a requirement for all students of Orlando Scuba Partners.
- Advanced Gear is gear that we highly recommend purchasing (available through our shop) but we do have some available for rental.
- Scuba Gear is available as rental gear or included in the price of most courses.
Each category of gear is defined as follows and referenced throughout each course outline:
- Basic Gear: Mask, Fins, Snorkel, Boots, Surface signaling device, Dive tables or Dive computer
- Advanced Gear: Safety Sausage/Surface Marker Buoy, Spool or Reel, Underwater and Surface Signaling Device, Dive Light, Dive Knife
- Scuba Gear: Buoyancy Compensator (BCD), Regulator set w/Depth and Pressure Gauges/Compass, Computer and Wetsuit